Sport Management club to hold annual charity auction this Saturday

The event will take place on Saturday at noon in the Carrier Dome, right before the basketball game against Colgate

Syracuse University’s Sport Management club will host their 13th Annual Charity Auction this Saturday at noon in the Carrier Dome.

Sophomore Connor Monzo is a first-time auction chair and is excited for the club’s annual event. “I have been in the club for two years, and I really wanted to join [the club] because I really believed in the club’s mission to help people from the Syracuse community,” he told The Tab.

Monzo continued, “I did not think I would have the opportunity [to be an auction chair] until junior year, but last spring I was asked to be a chair by our faculty advisor, Kate Veley, and I am honored she chose me.”

Guests will have the opportunity to bid on an array of items, ranging from sports memorabilia, home goods, gift cards, getaways, jewelry, and more- and all proceeds will be donated to Meals on Wheels, a meal delivery service for the elderly.

Senior Stephen Marciello has been a club member for all four years of college and decided to be an auction chair because “it is really rewarding to help raise thousands of dollars for a great and important charity.

Marciello and Monzo set a goal of raising $50,000 this year, and they are both hopeful and optimistic.

Fingers crossed, boys!

Syracuse University