Sir Paul McCartney Coming to the Carrier Dome

The legend and former Beatle is set to perform on September 23rd.

Well, you won’t need to sing Let it Be in the car with your friends anymore because on September 23rd, legend Sir Paul McCartney will be performing at the Carrier Dome on Syracuse University’s Campus!

The news comes after Peter Sala, Chief Campus Facilities Officer, announced yesterday there would be a press release for an upcoming event at the dome. In previous years, there was an announcement similar to this about superstar Billy Joel (who has performed seven times at the Carrier Dome). Sitting behind Sala was Mark Schulman, Senior Vice President of The Bowery Presents, a concert promotion and venue management service with locations throughout the Northeast.

McCartney’s stop in Syracuse will be his only stop in this region on his 2017 tour celebrating his new album. Schulman said McCartney will be “performing hours of material expanding his entire career.” He will be joining a list of icons who will be performing at the Carrier Dome. The list expands from Elton John, to the Rolling Stones, to the Syracuse’s alumi group The Chainsmokers.

Sala’s and Schulman’s announcement comes days before Syracuse’s annual Block Party concert, which will also be hosted in the Carrier Dome. This year Block Party’s headliner will be Travis Scott, known for his 2015 single, Antidote. 
Tickets for McCartney go on sale Monday, May 1st, starting at $29.50. Buy them fast because they are bound to be gone within minutes.

Syracuse University