Every reason why Syracuse should have made March Madness

Looking at you, @Selection Committee

The NCAA Tournament offers fans three weeks full of non-stop basketball games; these games often produce some of the most memorable plays in college basketball. Thousands of people fill their  brackets in hopes of fortune, and all will fail.

The NCAA Tournament is truly unique, and Selection Sunday begins the hype.

This past Sunday, the committee chose to omit the Syracuse Orange from a tournament bid, a decision that is incredibly flawed. Here are a few reasons why

Key ACC Matchups

The Orange have won several key games against other ACC teams, many of whom received an NCAA Tournament bid. They beat Miami (70-55), Wake Forest (81-76), Florida State (82-72), Virginia (66-62), and Duke (78-75). Apparently, the committee doesn’t think these impressive wins matter enough for a bid (obviously, they’re wrong).

Remember 2016?

Last year, Syracuse was also a bubble team. Thankfully, the Orange received a controversial bid. Though the Orange did not seem like competitors for the title, they made it all the way to the FINAL FUCKING FOUR.  This proves that the Syracuse Orange should be in the tournament, you know what they say – history repeats itself.

Oh Malachi, how we miss you

Money Makers

At the end of the day, March Madness is a business. TV providers want match-ups that will bring in the most viewers, and in turn, make the most money. Syracuse’s specialty is winning games that go down to the wire. Who wouldn’t want to watch a Syracuse vs. Duke rematch? The NCAA really missed their shot (pun intended) at a few extra bucks.

Fingers crossed next year the committee won’t make such a horrible mistake.

Syracuse University