Syracuse sophomore heads to SXSW Music Festival in Austin, Texas

Cesco Giannini is making us proud.

Cesco Giannini, known on the stage as “Ye.”, is a sophomore in the Bandier Program here at Syracuse University and has some rad spring break plans– he’ll be performing at SXSW in Austin, Texas.

Giannini first became interested in music with his middle school band where he played the trumpet. “Electronic music really entered my life around my second year of high school, but I wasn’t really good. So last year during my first year I started to take it seriously and try really hard,” he said about how his interest grew into electronic music.

ye. played at the Russ Show last week

Among his many inspirations, he considers Louis The Child one of his biggest. When Louis the Child came to campus last year, Cesco said, “Seeing that set made me want to get good at music so badly.”

Music is clearly the center of his life, as his talent continues to grow, and he hopes to see a future in it. “Hopefully people will still like my music enough to let me pursue it full time,” he said.

At SXSW, Cesco will be performing at and opening the Trap Nation/Monster Energy House Showcase. “I’m incredibly excited to be playing alongside guys I’ve always looked up to,” he said. “I’m going to try to show people music they’ve never heard before that they really want to hear.”

Syracuse University