Danceworks to perform 31st annual showcase

On March 3rd and 4th, SU Danceworks will perform one of their best shows to date

On March 3rd and 4th at 8PM, Syracuse University Danceworks will perform their 31st annual showcase at Goldstein Auditorium in Schine student center. This year’s showcase will be themed around the Golden Age of Hollywood and how the time period impacted dance and other creative industries. Dances will vary in style and choreography, including performances of hip hop, contemporary, and tap.

Created in 1986, Danceworks is Syracuse’s largest student run organization and allows student dancers of every age to have the opportunity to perform and choreograph for performances every semester. Their 31st annual show promises to entertain and showcase all the talent that members have. Senior and Co-Producer Raychel Renna stated proudly: “We’ve been working hard since October to put on our best showcase yet. This is the most diverse and talented group of dancers we’ve ever had”

Tickets are on sale at the Schine box office now. Prices are $3 for SU students, $5 for faculty, and $7 for non-students.

Feature photo courtesy of Rachel Kline

Syracuse University