Syracuse University is one of the top schools in the US for sugar babies

149 SU students are living the sweet life

Syracuse University has been ranked 74th out of nearly 2 million registered universities in the country on SeekingArrangement, a website for college students to find the Sugar Daddy of their dreams to pay their tuition and student loan debt. According to the website’s annually released data titled “Fastest Growing Sugar Baby Schools,” there are currently 149 SU students on the website.

31 Syracuse University joined the site in 2016

The website claims to provide many perks for Sugar Babies such as “a life of luxury by being pampered with fine dinners, exotic trips and allowances. In turn, Sugar Daddies or Mommas find beautiful members to accompany them at all times.” According to SeekingArrangement, 30% of Sugar Babies get an average allowance of $2440 per month, easily allowing them to pay for school.

It’s no wonder that students are signing up to be Sugar Babies when SU’s total cost of attendance is upwards of $69,000, with more price increases expected in the near future after a 3.9% increase for the 2016-2017 academic year. This marked the highest increase since 2011 and came as a shock to many after a steady rate of decline for nearly a decade.

Americans owe a collective nearly $1.3 trillion in student loan debt, with $1 trillion owed to the federal government. 40 million Americans or two thirds of graduating students owe, on average, $35,000 for their loans.

It seems that many of the women on Seeking Arrangement are looking for tuition money. One woman’s profile said this: “That you can help me get through school and achieve financial stability through support and mentoring is more important than wowing me with diamonds and Prada.”

SeekingArrangement saw 1,204,980 new students in 2016, an 11% increase from 2015. There are currently 5 million members on the website. It is completely free for Babies to join but Daddies pay $44.95 monthly and “an optional $5 to ensure the site’s name doesn’t show up on credit-card statements.”

SeekingArrangement offers an easy way to tackle student loan debt, tuition, and other college-related expenses. With no registration cost and a monthly allowance of $2440, maybe it is a good idea to join.

@kaitlynmenegio

Image has been borrowed from SeekingArrangement

Syracuse University