The best Netflix additions for 2017

Netflix and Chill

Every college student knows (whether they will admit it or not) that Netflix runs their life. Every year we look forward to the “Recently Added” section being filled with all of the movies we were missing. For the first time in a while, it almost feels like we may be content. Here are the best new additions to Netflix that 2017 needed to survive.

Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017)

Netflix has really outdone themselves by creating an original TV series based on the classic childhood saga A Series of Unfortunate Events. Sounds familiar but you’re not into books? A version for the big screen was released in 2004. Season one of the new show is set to be released on 13 January.

Bee Movie (2007

If you didn’t live under a rock in 2016 you know that Bee Movie was all the rage. The best thing any of us have seen in our lives was the video titled “The entire Bee Movie but every time they say bee it gets faster.” Enough said.

The Parent Trap (1998)

Everyone knows the version with Lindsay Lohan but almost no one knows the original film. Educate yourselves.

Bates Motel: Season 4 

Intended to be the alternate prequel to Psycho, Bates Motel is the best horror-drama series on Netflix. Norman Bates, the main character, is played by Freddie Highmore, the actor who played Charlie in the newest Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He’s absolutely precious and a fantastic actor. This show will keep you on the end of your seat.

Superman II, III, and IV (1980, 1983, and 1987)

Do you really need an explanation for one of the greatest superhero film series of all times? I didn’t think so.

Unfortunately, some Netflix classics will be leaving the streaming site this year including Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), Hairspray (2007), and The Amityville Horror (2005). But fear not. Netflix is clearly about to come through in 2017.

Happy Netflix and Chilling, Syracuse!

@kaitlynmenegio

Syracuse University Hide Images