A Syracuse student’s ideal gift guide

Pay my tuition

Holiday times are great for many reasons– winter break, sleeping in, home cooking, and having lots of down time to prepare your holiday wish list. But let’s get to the reality of things– we pay over $60,000 a year in tuition, so we don’t have the money or time to spend on expensive gifts. Lo and behold, here’s some serious Syracuse staples to add to your growing Microsoft Word document of  unnecessary gifts for friends and family to get you. And yes, they’re affordable.

A Big, Puffy Jacket

Let’s call a spade a spade– Canada Goose is highly overrated, expensive, and basic as fuck. Break apart from the flock (pun-intended) while still remaining (somewhat) stylish in the frigid temperatures. Buy this stylish, affordable, and just-as-warm jacket for just $179 here.

Extra Fluffy Blanket

Because Syracuse winters are a bitch, and we all need some extra warmth, regardless if we have anyone to cuddle with or not. Buy this blanket for $26, here.

Bluetooth Shower Speaker

Take your shower singing to the next level, even in the shitty communal. #NoShame. Snag this one for $10 here.

A Bracelet Flask

Syracuse Horror Story: Your cab is outside and you didn’t even start pregaming. No worries- be sly, avoid getting written up, and get turnt all night long without the alcohol wearing off with your handy dandy flask bracelet. I mean, we do go to a top 10 party school… Buy it here for $35.

Heated Slippers/Socks

Why expose your precious feet to the cold hardwood dorm floors? I gotcha covered. Try out these super plushy heated slippers for $29, or for more practical everyday wearing, throw on these heated socks (3 for $15) under your bulky snow boots before your class, and you’ll be good to go.

Oversized warm scarf

Who doesn’t love a bulky scarf to wrap themselves around in the wintertime? Snatch this one in everyone’s favorite winter color (black), for 40% off at Urban Outfitters.

Mobile Lens Kit

It’s no secret that ‘Cuse students do (almost) anything for the ‘gram. Improve your Insta game with this ultimate mobile lens kit; with several lenses to choose from, you Instagram will never be the same. Get it here for for 20% off.

Moon Juice Brain Dust

Get through your worst, boring, most challenging course next semester with a little hope from this magical product called brain dust. Supposedly, the brain dust will ‘light up your brain and increase mental flow by feeding neurotransmitters and brain tissue.’ Who knows? Maybe they’ll save you from an F. The best part? It’s probably safer than some addy you buy from some random dude on your floor. Buy the dust for $2o here.

Fuzzy Texting Gloves

Good news– you can now text back your booty call while walking home from the bars in the cold without getting frostbite with these revolutionary texting gloves. Get ’em for $35 here.

And when all else fails…  gift card from the SU Bookstore

Because you’ll be spending $100s on textbooks next semester. Get it here.

Syracuse University