SU comes together for a surprise candlelight vigil in honor of Vinny Maugeri

Hundreds of students came out to support Phi Kappa Psi after the death of senior Vinny Maugeri

Nearly a week after the death of SU senior and Phi Kappa Psi brother Vinny Maugeri, the Greek Community, along with hundreds of other students came together to organize a surprise candlelight vigil for Phi Psi.

Photo from Phi Kappa Psi Syracuse University NY Beta Facebook page

The massive group of supporters met in front of Bird Library at around 7:45, and walked across the street to the fraternity house around 8:00 with candles in hand, along with a huge banner that read #AllInForVin.

Photo courtesy of Phi Kappa Psi Syracuse University NY Beta Chapter Facebook page

The vigil was organized by members of the Panhellenic Community, and the news eventually spread to the entire student body.

Phi Kappa Psi expressed thanks via their Facebook page, writing “We have never felt so much love in our entire lives. To the Syracuse University community, we thank you for your continuous support, love, and prayers. We would not be able to get through this week without you. These are the days we remember why we decided to join the Greek community.”

Syracuse University