The quad is arguably the best spot on campus

Let’s appreciate it before it gets covered in snow

There are so many places on Syracuse University’s campus that people love and adore, ranging from dorm buildings to bars to anything in between. Whatever you love about ‘Cuse, we can all agree that our quad is simply something special. We may pass through it every day without giving it a thought, but this oasis in a bustling concrete jungle is home to us all. Let me tell you why.

The Quad brings everyone together, in more ways than one.
If you’re going to class on any given day, you most likely have to walk through the Quad and you most likely will pass at least two people you know on the way. If you don’t pass someone you know then you’ll probably meet someone new, and eventually you’ll see them on the quad every time you’re there. That’s just how it works. But this doesn’t only relate to other students. The Quad is a place to come together with anyone who means something to you, whether you’re with friends and family at convocation, parent weekend, graduation, or any other special event. The Quad will always be there to bring people together.

I can’t believe we’ll all be here soon, just like my sister last year!

There are ALWAYS dogs.
We thank those who bring these furry friends into our lives when we’re missing our own from home. We don’t know exactly whose they are, but we don’t mind! We just appreciate them being there. Then there’s always a chance we’ll crash into someone while looking at how cute they are and walking at the same time. I know, it’s happened to me.

There’s nothing a pup can’t fix.

The steps of Hendrick’s Chapel brings simplistic joy.
Have you ever sat on the stairs of Hendrick’s Chapel (it’s best in the late afternoon, accompanied by the setting sun) and looked out over our Quad, buzzing with life? You should. It makes you appreciate how lucky we really are to go here. Bring your homework, maybe a book, and relax in one of the best spots the Syracuse campus has to offer.

It’s people-watching and listening central.
You can find every type of person acting in every type of way if you gaze over the Quad. You can also hear just about anything . “I punched a girl at DJ’s last night. It was great,” has to be my favorite so far. The people of Syracuse never fail to give you a laugh or brighten your day as you walk to class.

You can do anything and everything on the quad. In this case, get some peaceful rest.

It’s always clean and pristine.
I think we owe it to the people who keep our campus looking beautiful, especially when it comes to the Quad. The luscious grass is always green and fluffy, perfect for lounging around on a sunny day. When those ugly white tents aren’t up, the Quad is picture perfect and oh-so aesthetically pleasing. It even makes for a perfect backdrop for a picture with your best of friends.

The clean brick background from a Quad building completes this picture (so insta worthy).

Why does Shaw Quadrangle sound so weird?
Don’t lie, you’ve asked yourself this before. We prefer “the Quad” too.

This pretty girl wanted in on the fun, barging into the shot of the Shaw Quadrangle bench!

Syracuse University