Business babes of ‘Cuse

How to perfect professionalism in style

It’s important to know how to dress professionally. In the business world, your first impression can make or break a job offer. The way you present yourself showcases your own personal brand and ensures onlookers that you are a responsible adult. At the same time, it’s important to feel confident in what your are wearing. So, whether you’re into a fun patterned blouse or a more conservative pant suit, wear what you feel strong in! Need some inspiration? Look at these Syracuse business babes!

Simple, Yet Stunning

Sometimes less really is more. All it takes is a pair of perfectly fitted dress pants to make you feel like you can run the world. Of course, it’s always a good idea to add your own unique twist on a timeless look. Add a patterned blazer, a textured blouse or a pair of appropriately funky shoes. Whatever you decide, it’s important to let your own personal style shine.

Angela Montague, Junior, Retail Management Major

These netted heels are a perfect addition to this elegantly simple outfit. Balance out a flowy blouse with narrow-legged trousers like Angela does, which draws the eyes downward toward funky statement shoes.

Meghan Tomassetti, Sophomore, Undecided in Whitman School of Management

If you prefer flats over heels, try a little bit of detail elsewhere to draw the perfect amount of attention to yourself. Step out of your comfort zone and get yourself a fun blouse or skirt. Meghan rocks a textured, polka-dotted blouse under her blazer, adding uniqueness to her look.

Refjola Malushi, Junior, Finance and Managerial Accounting Major

Or try a patterned blazer with sleek lines and and geometrics too add an aura of sophistication to your ensemble.

Color the Corporate World

Just because you work in the corporate world doesn’t mean you’re doomed to blacks, whites and grays. Adding a pop of color can still look business-appropriate. Check out how these Whitman women add pigment and professionalism to their outfits.

Maria Baires, Senior, Real Estate and Finance Major

There’s no better way to showcase your vibrant personality than with a fuchsia dress! The pair of understated nude heels balances out the brightness, so as not to look too showy.

Aaliyah Roseman, Junior. Marketing and Retail Management Major, Economics Minor

Sporting your favorite color can be a major confidence booster. If you’re looking for a subtle way to brighten up your outfit, you can never go wrong with a colorful blouse!

Dresses to Impress

Who says you have to wear a suit to be taken seriously in the workplace? Don’t be afraid to throw on an appropriately (key word: appropriately) hemmed dress and some heels to add some feminine flare to your look. Here are some perfect examples of how dazzle the room with your fashionable professionalism.

Tiana Gong, Sophomore, Marketing and Finance

Tiana complements her figure-flattering dress with trendy lace-up flats and a statement necklace.

Divya Yeleswarapu, Sophomore, Television, Radio and Film and Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises Double Major

Go for a more classic look with a simple black dress and a pair of red heels like Divya.

Like fashion designer Rachel Zoe says, “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.”

What you wear is essentially marketing your character, just like a resume markets your professional experience. Don’t be afraid to let your individuality shine through; it’s what makes you stand out from the crowd. So with this advice, go forth and conquer the world. You know these ladies will dressed like this!

Syracuse University