Five stylish ways to customize your Cuse shirt for the next tailgate

How to stand out in a sea of orange

No one rocks orange like ‘Cuse students and whether you attend the games or just live for the tailgate, having a unique outfit is key. Here are five DIY ways to convert that plain T-shirt into a stylish outfit. 

1. Create a cute halter top

This cute halter top is perfect for those hot ‘Cuse days at the start of the tailgate season. Cut off the sleeves leaving just the neckline, and making sure its even on both sides by marking it with a pencil before-hand.

Cut out the entire back except for 3-4 inches on the bottom. Cut the strip of fabric remaining on the back all the way down the middle. This allows you to tie the back yourself so you can make it as tight or loose as you want!

2. Turn an oversized T-shirt into a dress

This stylish and original outfit takes no time to make.

Cut out a triangular shape right below the neckline and cut out the shoulders. Pair this outfit with ‘Cuse knee high socks and your good to go.

3. You can never go wrong with a T-shirt dress

Similar to the shoulder-less dress shirt, all you need for this outfit is an oversized Syracuse shirt, a shoe lace and a pair of knee high socks.

Cut out a triangle right below the neckline and small holes along the edges of the remaining shirt.

Thread the lace through the holes you created as shown above and you are ready for game day!

4. Sweater Lace-up

This stylish sweater lace-up is perfect for transition into colder weather. Follow the same steps for the lace-up T-shirt dress, making sure not to cut the existing neckline!

5. Simple cropped T-shirt

This crop top is super quick and easy to make. Simply mark a straight line around the shirt on the level that you want it to be cut at. If this is too simple, you can even cut the neckline off for an off-the-shoulder cropped look.

With these cute and easy outfits you’ll look so good that you won’t remember there’s even a game!

Syracuse University