What to wear: Juice Jam edition

You will be sure to kill it at Juice Jam in these outfits, and of course leave the day with some prime insta material

University Union has blessed us with an incredible line-up for Juice Jam 2016. But what is a day filled with great music, friends and food without a great outfit?  Whether you are attending Lollapalooza, Coachella or Juice Jam, a music festival requires your best boho-chic attire. However, stylish outfits can be hard to plan between a busy class schedule, so we’ve chosen a few different festival looks to inspire your concert style.

Ripped and Rad

A big style secret for festival fashion is to keep it simple, you don’t need to go crazy with patterns or layers. For cooler festival days, pair a ribbed, solid crop-top with high-waisted, distressed jeans. Make the look more exciting with a statement necklace and reflector shades. Considering the amount of walking and dancing you’ll do, it’s best to wear some edgy street style sneakers to top the look off.

Flower Child

This isn’t your average flower headband, snapchat filtered look.  Instead of the typical flower crown, add bejeweled flower clips to your hair to give your overall look a bit of sparkle. Sticking to the simple theme, pair a white crop-top with high-waisted denim shorts and compliment it with a chunky necklace. Instead of sneakers, try out your favorite pair of booties to add an indie vibe to the look.

Off-the-Shoulder

Off-the-shoulder tops have been all the rage, and a music festival is another excuse to incorporate one into your wardrobe. Stick to a classic black and white theme, but again add some statement jewelry to make it exciting: necklaces, bracelets, rings and sunglasses. This outfit will keep you cool throughout the day by showing off some skin.

Deep V’s and Bodysuits

Bodysuits are a wardrobe must, and deep V cut tops are a concert necessity. This deep cut playsuit is perfect for a music festival however, to keep it all in you’ll need to use a substantial amount of fashion tape. Pair it with distressed high-waisted shorts and some sneakers and you’re ready to go.

My favorite favorite part of this outfit is the addition of a body chain; it’s the perfect indie, yet edgy accessory especially for low cut shirts. Lastly, do something fun with your hair like half up half down pigtails and get ready for your festival photo op.

Band-Ohhhhh-Yes

If you’ve ever seen tumblr or insta posts of people at Coachella, girls wearing bandeaus as shirts have definitely popped up on your feed.  In order to keep it from looking like you’re only wearing a bra, make sure to get a bandeau that’s on the longer side and pair it with high-waisted shorts (denim or patterned). This will ensure that you won’t over do it with the mid-drift.

Choose a bandeau with a fun geometric back for cool “from the the back” pictures, and don’t forget your gladiator sandals.

By rocking one of these outfits, your juice jam experience is definitely going to be one to remember.

Photographer: Staci Soslowitz

Models: Sophie Stocklan, Yaz Elkouly

Syracuse University