How to wear your hair for Juice Jam

Try one of these braids to have the best look at Juice Jam

Don’t know what to do with your hair for Juice Jam? No problem! Follow these easy steps to achieve an eye-catching braid. No matter which artist you’re listening to and how much you dance, these braids will stay in tact and keep your hair out of your face.

It’s not only about the outfits this weekend, so add to your style with one of these four looks. Although it may take a few times to master them, I assure you the outcome is worth it. Check out the tutorials and you’ll be on your way to a fashion forward Juice Jam.

Woven Fishtail Braid

Spice up that typical fishtail braid with a twist by sporting this easy, one of a kind look!

1. Split a piece of hair from the top of the head into two equal sections
  2. Take a small piece from the left and cross it over to the other side
  3. Take a small piece from the right, cross it under its own section, then cross it over the small piece from step 2 and keep it on the left side
  4. Take a small piece from the left now, adding in more hair as you go, and cross it under, then over the previous strand that was crossed, and bring it to the other side
  5. Repeat these steps on both sides, crossing under and over, and adding in more hair as you go along

Dutch Braids

Change up those boring french braids for some dutch braids instead. This look is super simple and is sure to make a statement!

1. Split hair down the middle, extending the part line from the forehead all the way down to the neck
  2. Beginning on one side, split a piece of hair into three equal sections
  3. Take the right strand and place it under the middle strand
  4. Take the left strand and place it under the middle
  5. Now, take the right strand, add more hair, and cross it under the middle
  6. Take the left strand, add more hair, and cross it under the middle
  7. Continue these steps, adding in hair as you go, all the way down
  8. Once completed, tie it off with an elastic and repeat on the other side

Waterfall Braid

Opt for a comfy and cute hairstyle for this year’s Juice Jam! Let your hair down and show off your braiding skills with this look.

1. Starting at the left side of the head, split a piece of hair into three equal sections
  2. Begin a normal braid, crossing the right strand over the middle, then the left strand over the middle
  3. Now, add more hair from the top of the head to the right strand, and cross it over the middle
  4. Drop the left strand and pick up a new piece of hair directly next to where the left strand fell
  5. Cross the new left strand over the middle
  6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you’ve reached the back of the head
  7. Do the same thing to the other side of the head, so that the two waterfall braids meet in the middle
  8. Once both braids are complete, join them together to create a normal, three stranded braid

Stacked Braid

This braid is bound to get people’s attention. With a combination of a dutch and fishtail braid, you can’t go wrong here!

1. Split a piece of hair into three equal sections at the top of the head
  2. Cross the right section under the middle, then cross the left section under the middle to begin a normal Dutch braid
  3. Before crossing the right section under the middle again, pick up a small strand of hair from that section. Leave that strand out, moving it to the other side so that it doesn’t get in your way
  4. Take the remaining right section and add more hair to it, then cross it under the middle
  5. Do the same thing with the left section, removing a small piece of hair and leaving it out, then adding more to that side
  6. Continue braiding all the way down, removing small sections of hair as you go
  7. Tie off the Dutch braid with an elastic in order to begin the next step
  8. Create a fishtail braid on top of the Dutch braid, using the small strands of hair that were originally removed
  9. Split the small pieces into two equal sections, crossing a piece from the left over to the right, then a piece from the right over to the left
  10. As you continue the fishtail, don’t forget to incorporate the small strands of hair to connect it to the Dutch braid
  11. Once finished, use the same elastic to tie both braids together

No matter which style you choose to master, your hair will be just as awesome as your day!

Syracuse University