Admit it, DJ’s is the best bar in ‘Cuse

It’s not just for freshmen anymore

Ahhhh DJ’s, sweet DJ’s. The only bar to make us crave a drink in a plastic sand pail, or as they call it, a rum bucket. There are so many reasons to feel a deep love for the Syracuse bar, DJ’s On The Hill. The arbitrary label that SU students have given to the spot as the “freshmen bar” is wrong in oh so many ways.

Where else can you become good friends with the bouncers? You know, the big burly men who are supposed to intimidate you? I don’t know about you but I think it’s always helpful to have a friend who is licensed to carry a taser. Everybody knows that it’s going to be a great night when they see DayDay at the door.

Okay, granted we don’t know what ungodly substances have come into contact with those couches over the years but if you’re willing to tough it, you’ve got a great spot to watch people make fools of themselves on the dance floor.

I’m speaking from experience when I tell you that you can bust a move on the DJ’s dance floor whether you’re practically a Beyoncé backup dancer you’re so talented or you (like me) can barely do the cha cha slide. Luckily, it’s so dark people can’t even see you dance away your dignity.

Granted, all clubs and bars play music, but DJ’s plays the greatest music around. Just as the night is winding down and you’re headed for a pit stop at Calio’s for a chicken bacon ranch calzone, you hear the intro for Stacey’s Mom. I don’t know about you but that’s probably the only song that could ever stand in the way of my drunchies and  Calio’s. Along with the obvious current hits, DJ’s pulls out a few ‘oldies but goodies’ to get the club going.

Let’s get to what you’ve all been waiting for- the fishbowl. We’re not really sure exactly what’s in it, and frankly, we might not want to know. Regardless, these refurbished fish homes with their 5,000 included straws will be sure to land you some new friends on the dance floor.

There are obviously so many more reasons why DJ’s will have your heart, but these reasons will be what keeps you saying, “I won’t go out” on a Tuesday and waking up the next morning full of regret and a classy DJ’s hand stamp.

Syracuse University