An ode to Syracuse’s #1 party school ranking

The Princeton Review got it wrong, we’re still the best party school in America

Everyone knows that two years ago Syracuse was ranked #1 party school in the United States. While Chancellor Kent may have released a statement saying that ‘Cuse was “disappointed” with its ranking, many SU students took pride in it.

In 2015 Syracuse went from #1 on The Princeton Review top Party Schools list to #5 , and dropped even further this year to #8. SU was beaten out by 5 state schools, University of Wisconsin-Madison in first place, West Virginia University in second, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in third, University of Iowa in sixth, and University of Mississippi came in seventh. In addition to these state schools, Syracuse was also beaten out by two private institutions, Lehigh ranked fourth and Bucknell followed in fifth place. In honor of the Princeton Review making the wrong call, I’ve composed an ode to our old ranking.

Oh, Syracuse once again you’re under-appreciated. Those who’ve never stumbled into Acropolis at two in the morning, can’t see you’re still #1 for making drunk food easy.

Oh Syracuse, thank you for giving us Chuck’s, DJs, and Lucy’s. Plus all of the frats and every house on Euclid. Those who’ve never had the chance to hear Chainsmokers song in a basement can’t see you’re still #1 for the best places to party.

Oh Syracuse, the way your sports give us life and a reason to be proud. Every tailgate is a blessing sent down from Otto the Orange himself. Those who have never had a Final Four finish, can see that they have that in common with Bucknell and Lehigh. Clearly we party harder than them.

Alexa Calandrino

Oh Syracuse, even though you make us go out in the blistering cold we do it every weekend with love in our hearts, because no other university does it like you do.

Everyone at ‘Cuse can see that we’ll always be #1. Party on fellow Orangemen. We don’t need rankings to tell us we’re the best.

Syracuse University