The best looks from the first tailgate of the season

‘Cuse is killing it on and off the field

Getting a degree is why we came to Syracuse, but tailgate season is why we stay.

In addition to drinking tons of beer with our friends, finding the perfect outfit is a major priority. ‘Cuse students never fail to impress with cool new ways to rock orange while also maintaining their own unique styles.

Whether it be through cut-outs, jean skirts, fanny packs or chokers, spicing up your school apparel is easy. Take a look at some of the best outfits we saw at the first tailgate of the season.

Caitlin Smith, Sophomore

Jean skirts are a huge trend this tailgate season, and an intentionally beat-up t-shirt adds the perfect amount of “bohemian” vibes that are so in right now.

Audrey Smith & Ally Eardly, Sophomores

Chokers are an easy way to prove you were a 90’s baby while seamlessly pulling together any look. This look works especially well, when you add some ripped boyfriend jeans or a sassy t-shirt to the mix. Chancellor Kent probably has that same cut-offs.

Monica Now, Courtney Pulicella & Kate Baird, Sophomores

Tailgate season calls for oversized everything and t-shirts from Manny’s are 100 percent cuter as dresses. Overalls are huge this year too, rock them with a fun ‘Cuse themed sports bra for a cheeky look that also wicks your sweat like a champ.

Courtney Anderson & Bayley Axelrod, Sophomores

Cut-outs are a super easy way to make any t-shirt and jeans combination look unique. Make sure to take a candid picture with your friends to capture the look.

Rachael Mackinnon, Sophomore

The fanny pack, a former faux pas, has become a tailgate staple at ‘Cuse. You’ll look wicked trendy and Insta-worthy while double fisting a Natty and keeping your SU I.D. close.

Jen Nguyen & Natalie Blyznak, Sophomores

An open t-shirt back has a sexy-cute appeal and protects you from dreaded back sweat stains on hot days. A white t-shirt dress is also a great way to stay cool while also looking put-together.

Get ready to kill it at the next tailgate. Go ‘Cuse!

Syracuse University