The unofficial but honest ‘Cuse packing list

Don’t forget your shot glasses and anything orange

If you check out SU housing’s site, they’ll tell you to bring floor pillows (what even is that), a flashlight (which is literally on your phone), and other ridiculous items. If you do a Google search, it’ll tell you to bring an electric blanket (why would you even need this?).

To cut down on your packing list, we’ve narrowed down what you really need to bring with you to the 315 to survive freshman year.

Shotglasses 

At ‘Cuse, the pregames are (almost) as lit as the parties themselves. Therefore, come prepared with tons of shot glasses to get ready for a wild night out. Try not to use the same one twice.

shots shots shots shots shots shots

Really comfy robes

Because we’re all lazy when it comes to getting dressed after a shower. Chill in yours for hours at a time while you lay in bed, contemplate life, and procrastinate.

Roomies who shower together stay together

Lots of themed apparel 

From workout bros and yoga hoes to jerseys and leggings, many ‘Cuse parties require some sort of theme, especially around the holidays and Halloween. Bring random pieces of clothing that you can easily throw together to make a costume and dress to impress.

On a scale of one to cowgirl how western do we look?

Any orange / ‘Cuse-themed apparel and accessories

We’re known for our crazy tailgates and game-day fashion, so look trendy AF in your own ‘Cuse apparel. If you’re feeling adventurous and extra-stylish, slit some holes or add some ‘Cuse patches for a one-of-a-kind look. Check out some ‘Cuse born-and-bred brands created by SU students, including The College Shop, Trendy Tailgaters, and Snipped and Styled, to name a few.

Game day fashion on fleek from any angle

Coffee (lots of it)

School is tiring. Going out is tiring. Partying is tiring. Let’s face it – everything is tiring. You’ll need a shitload of coffee to survive, especially with those 8am classes you’re signed up for.

What we live off of

Your own fridge 

According to multiple sources, if you bring your own fridge up instead of renting one from ‘Cuse, the RA’s aren’t allowed to go through it/check it during random room inspections, over holiday breaks, etc.

Polaroid Camera

What better way to preserve precious memories by taking a cute, artsy, and totally Insta-worthy Polaroid pic? Just don’t waste the film because it’s pretty costly to keep restocking. Snap away, but wisely.

yeah, I grammed this

A badass tapestry

Every room needs a dope tapestry to take pictures in front of. Whether it’s Moroccan-inspired or has a cute saying (like the one pictured below), grab one STAT.

The warmest apparel ever because winter is coming – strong

You think you won’t need these until February, but trust me – once November hits, it’s already blizzarding. If you don’t want to slip and fall in front of everyone on campus, buy a pair of the most bulky, furry, warm, and (probably ugly) snow boots you can find – you’ll thank me later, I promise. Also be sure to grab the longest and puffiest jacket, ever. When it comes to winter necessities, fashion bares no importance – it’s all about comfort and functionality.

**but I loooveeee it**

A Netflix account

Okay, so technically not something you can pack, but def something you should bring with you. What better way to put off all the work you have to do than by watching Grey’s Anatomy for three hours? Whether you’re streaming from a TV or laptop, Netflix is most certainly a necessity, and not just for “Netflix and Chill” dates.

A fracket

A fracket is every girl’s must-have accessory, especially in the winter. It gets cold at night, so you’ll need a jacket, but you won’t want to schlep along your heavy expensive winter coat because A) it’s expensive AF,  B) it’s a hassle, and C) Someone will probs steal it. Avoid these problems while still dressing (somewhat) warm by bringing a crappy jacket you don’t give a fuck about – perfect for drunken nights at the frat or the bar.

Tie it around your waist, too

Crossbody bag

You’ll carry it around all day and night, seven days a week. It holds all your stuff (bottles, phone, wallet, etc). and lessens your chances of losing everything since it’s around your body the entire time. It is key.

Squad goals: crossbody bag edition

Cheap sunglasses for darties/tailgates

Because you still wanna look ~trendy~ and want to protect your eyes, without the hassle of having to hold onto expensive sunglasses and having to re-purchase them when you lose them (which you will, I promise).

Snacks

Whether it’s a midnight pick-me-up or drunk food, keep lots of snacks handy and in reach. Your exhausted, hungover self (and your floormates) will thank you. FYI: Insomnia Cookies on Marshall will be your BFF.

stacks on stacks

Congratulations you’re officially a member of the Orange nation.

Syracuse University