Nine SU alum have been nominated for Tony Awards

SU alum have received a combined total of 34 Tony nominations

The Tony Awards, established by the American Theatre Wing, celebrate excellence in theatre. Syracuse University, with renowned programs in the College of Visual and Preforming Arts, has nine alumni up for Tonys this year.

Class of ’59: Frank Langella, nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role in a Play for his performance in The Father.

Class of ’66: Daryl Roth has received a total of 11 nominations for four different plays, including a nomination for Best Play for The Humans.

Class of ’79: David Rockwell has been nominated for Best Scenic Design of a Musical for She Loves Me.

Class of ’86: Stacey Mindich is up for seven nominations total, four for Arthur Miller’s The crucible, and three for Blackbird. Jennifer Namoff is nominated for her producing part in Fiddler on the Roof.

Class of ’89: Jessica Genick, producer of Fiddler on the Roof, has three nominations, including one for Best Revival of a Musical.

Class of ’90: Mike Rego and Hank Unger have a combined 10 nominations for Shuffle Along, or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed.

Class of ’05: Jessie Mueller is nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Musical for her role in Waitress.

The 2016 Tony Awards winners will be announced on Sunday, June 12th.

Syracuse University