Syracuse is one of the most sleep deprived schools in the nation

Our student body, on average, only gets about 7 to 7.5 hours of sleep each night

Syracuse is at the top of many lists. We’re the number one party school and the third worst place to live if you have bad allergies. Our basketball team finished third in the NCAA, and, of course, we’re the all around best school you could possibly go to for college.

But now, we’re the 35th most sleep deprived school in that nation, according to a study released by Jawbone.

Our student body, on average, only gets about 7 to 7.5 hours of sleep each night, with our average bedtimes a little after midnight on the weekdays, and a lot after midnight on the weekends.

Many studies show that adults need at least eight hours of sleep each night, and when we don’t get enough sleep, we get grouchy, forgetful, and have difficulty concentrating. So the next time your friend says you’re not yourself, instead of eating a Snickers from a vending machine, maybe you should take a nap.

According to Jawbone, “The tougher the school, the later the students go to bed.”

Read the full study here.

Syracuse University