Eric Evangelista and Joyce LaLonde are our new SA President and Vice President

Polls closed at 11:59pm Thursday night

Eric Evangelista and Joyce LaLonde were officially named the new president and vice president of the Student Association after polls closed on April 14th at 11:59pm.

The pair received 1,934 out of 4,122 votes.  

Eric and Joyce, defeated Charlie Mastoloni and his running mate Jessica Brosofsky, who both have worked in SA before the election. Evangelista currently serves as SA recorder.

Photo from “Eric and Joyce for Student Association” Facebook page

Eric and Joyce were the first to announce their candidacy for president and vice president around two months ago.

Eric is a junior political science and history dual major, while Joyce is a junior public relations and policy studies major. Eric has been involved in SA since freshman year, while Joyce has no prior SA experience.

The pair says that they will continue the same initiatives that (now former) SA President Aysha Seedat and Vice President Jane Hong worked on this past year, including establishing a bike sharing program and adding heating lamps to outdoor bus stops. Some other initiatives they will work on is extending the weekend hours of Bird Library, getting more involved in the Syracuse community and informing the student body about the counseling center.

Syracuse University