What a week to be Orange

WE HAVE TWO TEAMS IN THE FINAL FOUR… and other ‘Cuse things from the past week

The week began with the campus filling quickly with students struggling with post spring break depression but having both ‘Cuse basketball teams defy the odds and make it to the Final Four made the Hill the wannabe place by Sunday night. Here’s what went down this week:

The weather was beautiful

There is no place like the Hill when the sun begins to set

Philanthropy Week 

Hosted by the Student Philanthropy Council, this week celebrates those who give back to the SU community through donation and support for Orange Nation. The week included events in Schine Atrium and many signs around campus emphasizing the importance of philanthropic efforts made by SU alum and contributors. There were also many Otto sightings around campus!

Happy 146th birthday, Syracuse!

There was free cake!

146 years of Otto’s smiling face.

The dining halls served all orange foods to celebrate National Orange Day.

On Wednesday, March 24th, SU celebrated its 146th year with National Orange Day! The campus was full of spirit with orange-themed foods in the dining halls, free cake in Schine Atrium and many other Orange events around campus.

Young Thug and Metro Boomin performed 

The Phi Beta Sigma fraternity hosted Young Thug and Metro Boomin on Friday night as part of their Sigma-Cuse week.

MARCH MADNESS

Womens Basketball:

HELLO FINAL FOUR!!!

WE’RE GOING TO INDIANAPOLIS!

The SU Women’s basketball team beat Tennessee on Sunday night to advance to the Final Four. They upset South Carolina  on Friday night to make it into the Sweet 16. This is the first time in program history for the women’s team to make it this far. That’s how its done!

Men’s Basketball:

FINAL FOUR, WE’RE GOING TO HOUSTON

Tailgates for the Sunday night game were held Sunday afternoon.

Castle Court was packed on Sunday night after the win.

The men beat Gonzaga on Friday night to secure their spot in the Sweet 16 then went on to beat No.1 seed Virginia on Sunday night to advance to the Final Four.  They became the first 10 seed team to make it to the final four in tournament history. ‘Cuse has been defying the odds throughout this entire March Madness tournament, resulting in a lot of messed up brackets and a lot of partying for Orange nation.  The Orange will verse North Carolina on Saturday in Houston!

GO ORANGE!!!

Orange Alum and Vice President Joe Biden tweeted his response to the historic win.

Someone made a Twitter account for Tyler Lydon’s shoe:

WHAT A WEEK TO BE ORANGE!!!!

GO CUSE!

Syracuse University