An ode to drunk food from GrubHub

Thanks for always being there, especially when I’m drunk AF at 3am

It’s 2:30am and I just got back from either a) DJs or b) An open frat party. My friends and I are drunk out of our minds and giddy AF.

Suddenly, someone shouts, “Let’s order food.” The rest of us nod in agreement- but what do we get? Do we want Calio’s, cheesy bread, insomnia or some wings from Acropolis (aka “Acrop)?

Calio’s- ‘Cuse’s signature drunk food

Luckily, all of these options are available to us right at our residence halls’ front doors, thanks to you, GrubHub. You are the bearer of our treasure (drunk food), you are the ones who help us to end our night (whether a hot mess or huge success) on a high note.

life

When I get that text from the “crystal ball” estimating when my food’s coming, my friends and I anxiously count down. In the mean time, we are probably trash-talking, drunkenly crying or jamming to some hip beats (lol jk probably early 2000s NYSNC or Backstreet Boys).

Then comes the phone call that you’re outside, in which we all take our sweet time stumbling down to the lobby to pick up our food (and give you a v generous tip because we’re too lazy to count out exact).

So to our savior, thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You have helped many of my friends, classmates and I in our dire times of need (hanger, drunk and #emotional). We will appreciate you more than you know.

Syracuse University