Did you cry when you got accepted to Syracuse?

Because everyone else did

January 1st has happened and high school seniors around the nation have been notified whether their Early Decision application got them into Syracuse.

Even if  ‘Cuse wasn’t your top school (I mean why not though… we rock) everyone remembers their acceptance to the best school in the country.

We took a trip down memory lane and asked current die hard Syracuse lovers how they found out about getting accepted.

Spoiler alert: LOADS of tears were shed in the journey of getting accepted.

Shauna

“I always knew I wanted to go here so when I found out right after school one day, I screamed and teared up. I was mad at my mom because she wasn’t as excited as I was so I had to call my boyfriend and tell him.”

Jeremy

“I was pursuing basketball so when I was home for Christmas I had to decide whether I wanted to transfer or not. When I got accepted to ‘Cuse I was really relieved to have the opportunity to go to such an awesome school. Especially if things with basketball didn’t work out….which they didn’t.”

Natalie

“It was after lacrosse practice. I started crying because I got into Arts & Sciences but not Whitman.”

Dana

“I was originally wait listed so I was legit bawling my eyes out and eating tubs of ice cream for days. Later at work (where I am a waitress) my parents came in to eat which was casual. As the time came to pay, they pulled out a coupon. When I checked the coupon it was my acceptance letter! Right there at work, I bursted out crying.”

Toni

“I just got back from a field trip to a prison so I was a little thrown off. When I got home, I was checking my email as I was walking down the stairs and literally broke down in tears. I am the first person in my family to get accepted to college. I was so overwhelmed, I was light headed and had to go against the wall.

“I told every single teacher I had. I told my mom and couldn’t contain my excitement. She asked me, ‘What the hell was so funny?’ I finally told her and she started crying. She called every single person in my family. Literally will never forget that day.”

Janine

“In the dressing room at a dance competition, I got an email about a scholarship. Newhouse was my dream school and the letter took too long to load. I thought I was going to have a heart attack while I waited. I had gotten into my other top choice the day before so it was a very exciting time and it made me so excited to go to college.”

Jack

“They emailed me my housing confirmation before my acceptance letter. So anticlimactic.”

Sydney

“My mom met me at the hotel after a dance competition and told me to check my email. I freaked out in the hotel lobby and obviously posted the news on Instagram.”

Shanice

“A kid in my high school found out a week before me and I cried at home and missed school and the class we had together because I couldn’t face him. I finally found out I got in while watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas with my best friend Brooke from home, who’s a year older then me and went to Syracuse. It was a blessing if anything else. GO ‘CUSE!”

Audra

“Syracuse was my dream school. I didn’t know how amazing it was to get accepted but it was way too expensive. I went on a tour of Kent State University in Ohio, fell in love, enrolled right then and there. A week later my family was at a restaurant after a lacrosse scrimmage and I got an email from ‘Cuse about my financial aid. Gave the phone to my mom and walked away to order, but I knew it was still too expensive. When I got back, my Mom was like ‘Audra, we can make this happen.’ A couple of pro and cons lists later, I decided it was a no brainer to come to ‘Cuse, and here I am!”

Megan

“I opened my email on some 21st century shit. I got the letter 24 hours before but didn’t want to tell my parents because what if it was a no? I physically couldn’t do it so my mom had to hold my finger to press the “Open” button. We both screamed. It was pretty cute, fun and flirty.”

Will

“I was gaming when I got my acceptance. I took a break and was just like “Oh, that’s cool I guess.” Then went right back to my game.”

Dew

“College applications were not easy, especially as a student in Bangkok, Thailand. I looked across every ocean, every continent trying to find the best university and find my best fit. I applied and got accepted into many top universities in the U.S.

“Around Christmas, I got accepted into Syracuse plus also getting into Whitman which was the dream. I didn’t know if ‘Cuse was the right place for me. But after talking with two girls from Thailand through Facebook, who are now the loves of my ‘Cuse life, I knew Syracuse was where I can best learn Dew’s College Experience 101. Where I can chase my dream, strengthen my value of determination and really thrive. ”

Monica

“As the track captain in high school I had to lead the workouts. In between sets the VP of my high school happened to walk by when I opened my financial aid email. I immediately started panicking and asking him, ‘They gave me money that means they want me right? I mean, they gave me a shit ton of money. Am I in? Is this a game?’

“As I stretched my hamstring, I checked my spam inbox. I immediately broke down in tears around my entire team.  I cry like a dying baboon so my Coach had to ask me what was wrong. Pretty sure I was in tears the whole time we were doing suicides the rest of practice.”

Syracuse University