How to make your parents forget about your GPA

December means a time for holiday cheer and unwarranted grades to appear

Are you prepared for the consequences of your fantastic semester long party-fest?

If you’ve somehow managed to acquire loads of cash this semester (LIES), this is going to be easy for you, but the rest of us are going to have to get creative.

Buying your parents’ love on a budget

I searched high and low to find some sweet ‘Cuse inspired holiday gifts. Whether its for Hanukkah, Christmas, or just because you’re not sure if your teacher rounded up that 79.555555555 to a B-.

Head over to Manny’s for Holiday trinkets and drinking necessities.

These are just some of many cute Holiday ornaments. I recommend buying the elf and hiding it with your printed grades in various points around the house. Maybe they’ll never find it

Give a mug to your parents filled with some sweet coco, they’ll be in a good mood, for you to share some not so sweet test results

Hand this to Ma and Pa with a bottle of gin before letting them know what your grades are

If none of those items tickle your fancy, head to Shirt World! They had deals on ‘Cuse apparel. Not to mention some pretty cool non-clothing items.

My favorites are the fuzzy socks and the pillow pet.

Buying on a budget of $0

It may seem impossible to make your parents forget that your GPA dropped below a 3.0… but you sure can try! Here are the best ideas I could find from Pintrest, because every parent wants a handcrafted gift from their over-sized child.

With a jar full of happiness, the looks of disappointment will dwindle. You’re such a thoughtful and kind child. Child of the year award goes to…

If your parents are into puns give them this delicious treat. Now, they’ll get to enjoy that bag of chips you forgot were in the back of your pantry all semester.

Scrounge up some Halloween Candy from brighter days in the semester, and sacrifice your last dollar for this festive bundle.

Honestly you may just be better off going into hiding

I highly suggest you redirect your flight to a tropical island and get off the grid, because you’re not ready to face the looks of disappointment and disbelief.

You could always just tell the truth…

Who knows, maybe all of those all nighters and copious amounts of coffee paid off and you’ve aced all your finals. Either way fellow Orangemen and women you survived an entire semester. That’s something worth celebrating.

Syracuse University