I spent a week eating only pizza

I sacrificed my diet for you all

If you see me around campus, I may come off a little grouchy for a while. My normal smile may be weak, for I am sick. Sick of pizza.

For five days, pizza is all I’ve eaten for dinner. Why?

If you haven’t noticed, we are surrounded by pizza. It’s literally everywhere. Whether it comes from the dining room, a deliver box, or Marshall Street, there are way too many options.

So how does one choose the best pizza? I conducted my own little study.

I tried the same piece of cheese pizza from 5 different places and ranked them. So next time you’re standing on Marshall while mindlessly gazing at the different options, this should help you out.

Pizza #1 : Dining Hall Pizza (Sbarro’s)

Cheese: Where da cheese at?

Sauce: Cold and almost non-existent ( I’m convinced that they just squished some tomatoes and slabbed it on).

Crust: Flavorless bread.

Rating: 3, because it’s pizza and there is no 0 when rating pizza.

Overall this pizza was was cold and lifeless.

Day #1: Feeling optimistic, I started my journey to find the best pizza at ‘Cuse. I had low expectations for the dining hall pizza, but I didn’t let it bring me down. However, this pizza was AWFUL. The dining hall pizza has never been THIS bad.

Pizza #2 : Acropolis

Cheese: At least there was a good amount of cheese (I love cheese..).

Sauce: Not just tomatoes but actual flavor!!.

Crust: Crusty and decent, nothing memorable.

Rating: 5, it definitely tastes better when drunk.

Day #2: OK, Acropolis totally made up for the pizza disaster at the dining hall.  At this point in the pizza journey I still love pizza but, I gave up a dinner at Chipotle for this, so I’m a little agitated.

Pizza #3: M Street

Cheese: Cheese. so much F*%&@n cheese.

Sauce: I’m not a flavor expert, but I orega-KNOW there was something in it.

Crust: So perfect. It was hot and not too crunchy.

Rate: Gr8.

M street killin the pizza game.

Day #3 : I kinda started to go crazy. There are a million other things I could have eaten, but I chose this. If I had put different toppings each day then maybe I wouldn’t  have been so bored of it, but it’s the same cheese pizza every day.

Pizza #4:  Varsity

Cheese: They definitely use different cheeses and you can taste each one.

Sauce: Saucy and perfect, not too much either.

Crust: The crust definitely makes the pizza. It’s not too thick and it melts in your mouth, you could literally eat this pizza without any cheese our sauce and it’d suffice.

Rate: 9, It’s definitely original, and according to my alumnus Dad, it tastes “as good as it did 30 years ago.”

Day #4: I lashed out a bit… I couldn’t say the word pizza without feeling angry. I felt myself sassing people all evening, because I was hungry for something non-cheesy and greasy. Can someone get me some vegetables?

Pizza #5: Domino’s

Cheese: Cheesy, just tastes straight up like cheese.

Sauce: They put a lot of sauce this time, but honestly it was sauce-um.

Bread: I dough not know what went wrong, but come on Domino’s, this crust was not the best.

Rate: 4, Save it for your drunken nights.

Day #5: So done. I never thought I would get sick of pizza. Who gets sick of pizza? ME.

Eating this much pizza has affected my life and I feel like my face is shiny with all the pizza I’ve consumed. I’ve decided if I’m going to eat pizza, it has to be a quality pizza.

Update: I haven’t stopped eating pizza.

Syracuse University