I met the humans of Marshall Street

Some of them are definitely not what was expected

You’ve heard from the Humans of New York, but what about those right here on Marshall Street?

Marshall Street is the hotspot and food hub of SU.

As a fan of Humans of New York and people, The Tab hit the street to learn about some of the humans of Marshall Street.

Cashier, Strong Hearts Cafe

“I like focusing on breathing. I think it’s pretty important. Just breath all day. It’s pretty automatic, but if you pay attention it’s really good for you. And this is really special to me.”

Creators of Roux, temporary pop-up shop in Marshall Square Mall

Check out rouxdining.com

“We’re industrial design majors. Our freshman year, we met in the lounge watching Mad Men.

“We randomly got paired up in our entrepreneurial class. For our last project, we had to design our very own business.

“We went with a dining experience, and created a theme and a menu, and created Roux. We focus on sourcing our food from local farms. We’ve been doing this for about two years.

“We spend summers together to get out there. We road trip in his Subaru.

“We’ve gone across Vermont, through the mountains. Been in a couple snow storms. We’ve also driven to class. He’s named Eduardo. Not him, his Subaru.”

Student, Marshall Square Mall

“What do my cat and I have in common? Major side eye.”

Student, Starbucks

“I wrote a ‘How to Properly do the Walk of Shame’ article my freshman year. I had never walk of shamed. Don’t trust the media.”

Barista, Café Kubal

“I’m a senior philosophy major at SU. This is my fourth year here. I work two jobs. I’m a barista here, at Cafe Kubal, and my second job is as a desk assistant at the School of Information.”

Student, Marshall Square Mall

“The other day I went out to lunch with my friend and afterwards, we were getting back into her car and she said ‘Don’t worry about the noise, it has a loose belt.’

“And I responded with ‘It’s OK, after that lunch I have a tight belt.’ And in that moment I reached my final evolution of Dad.”

Student, Huntington Hall

“I honestly have no idea what this thing means. I’ve seen it all over campus, so when my friend had some to hand out I took one but like…I don’t know what the hell it is.”

Student, CVS

“I have pretty bad anxiety sometimes. When I can feel myself getting anxious, I’ll force myself to stop whatever I’m doing, and I’ll light some scented candles and read or something for about half an hour.”

“This one’s my favorite.  It doesn’t always help, but I like to pretend it does. It makes me feel better.”

Student, Marshall Square Mall

“I found out today Thomas Jefferson wouldn’t have been elected if the slaves didn’t have a vote. A lot of the first presidents were really f***ed up dudes.”

Student, CVS

“I love Halloween, but I’m really cheap, so I’ll wait until right after Halloween when things are on sale.”

“I don’t always get the best stuff, but I’ll throw myself my own little Halloween party the day after Halloween.”

Syracuse University