All the ways Stanford students procrastinate during finals week

Stalling 101

During the most stressful time on Stanford’s campus, students choose to de-stress in very interesting ways.

Sophomore Theresa Sievert says “I like to craft any and everything in my room during finals week.”

Theresa Sievert’s crafting desk in her dorm room.

Volleyball player Kyle Dagastino says, “ I get up out of my chair and do a little jig in my room.”

Softball player Victoria Molina says, “I search every crevice of the interweb and end up taking random buzz feed quizzes.”

Netflix is also a very popular stalling tactic for Stanford students during this dark time. According to various students, short comedic TV episodes like The Office and New Girl provide the perfect amount of distraction. It also gives them a good laugh to lighten up the harsh reality of having to study for finals.

Sophomore Kaitlin Lagattuta enjoys baking great smelling treats for her friends as a stress reliever.

Walter Roper said in an interview, “I like to kick it back and play my guitar.”

Facebook backstalking friends also seems to be the thing to do when running away from your obligations as a student during finals week. Finals week is a dangerous time for those middle school pictures you posted when you first got a Facebook that you wish no one would ever lay eyes on.

How to backstalk:

1. Go to target’s profile page
  2. Click Photos
  3. Click the first photo
  4. Click your left arrow
  5. Time travel to the Early 2000’s

Even with all of these ridiculous shenanigans going on, Stanford students still find a way to ace their finals.

Stanford University