Car hits pedestrian on College Ave

It happened around 7:25 last night

A female pedestrian was struck by a car yesterday evening around 7:25 P.M. on College Ave while crossing the street between Scott Hall and The Yard.

"The moment I crossed College Ave and walked toward the bus stop, I heard a loud thud followed by someone screaming 'Holy shit!'" said eyewitness Jessica Susan Lee, a senior Journalism major (who also took the header photo from the scene). "When I turned around, I saw a girl lying down on the road surrounded by several other people."

According to Lee, the driver of the vehicle that hit the pedestrian stopped to check on the victim. RUPD officers on patrol between Krispy Pizza and the Phi Kappa Sigma house responded immediately to the accident. Several other RUPD officers and an ambulance also showed up.

Lee also reported that while the victim was responsive and moving, it was unclear how bad the injuries were. She was rushed toward Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

At this time it is unknown whether or not the victim is affiliated with the university, nor has RUPD has not released any statement of the incident.

Rutgers University