Former Rutgers football player Tejay Johnson sentenced to 15 years in prison

Following a string of robberies in 2015

Ex-football player Tejay Johnson, who in 2015 was linked to three robberies in New Brunswick and Piscataway, has just accepted a plea deal with a sentence of 15 years in state prison, according to

In April and May of 2015, Tejay Johnson was involved in three separate incidents involving forced entry and burglary.

The first incident occurred on April 26, 2015. Johnson was one of three masked men who forcibly entered a home on Prosper Street. The trio stole undisclosed amounts of cash and marijuana.

The second incident came the following day when Johnson and two others entered a home on Hartwell Street, this time he was armed with a bat and knife.

The final incident took place on May 5, 2015 when Johnson and one other attempted to enter a dorm building on Livingston campus.

Of the seven men involved, five were involved in the Rutgers football program. This series of incidents, as well assaults and a riot on Delafield, led to the dismissal of football coach Kyle Flood and the eventual forced resignation of athletic director Julie Herman, reported

From these three offenses, Johnson racked up countless charges and after denying a plea agreement in July, was facing up to 151 and a half years in prison as well as thousands of dollars in fines, according to

Last week, Johnson pled guilty to his charges and accepted a plea of 15 years in prison with the requirement of completing 85 percent of the sentence before possibility of parole.

Rutgers University