Your Spotify playlist to get you through finals season

Ooh I Fall Apart

Finals are underway, and the only thing that can save you now are those free cups of coffee from the Starbucks truck and a fire playlist to prevent you from actually going up in flames while you study.

Here are a few songs that will pretty much sum up the stages of your study preparations.

Getting Started

Building that momentum of trying to sort through a semester’s worth of notes is important. These songs will definitely make you feel like champ while you’re climbing through the seemingly endless pile of lecture slides, even though you used all of your skip days this semester.

1. Kanye West – Stronger

2. David Guetta (ft. Sia) – Titanium

3. Chance the Rapper (ft. Knox Fortune) – All Night

Meltdown #1

You start to realize that – maybe – you should have gone to class more, maybe you should change majors, or maybe none of those things, but you might just fail anyway. Sleeping only feels like a quick blink of an eye, and you begin to transform into a nocturnal subhuman version of yourself. Regardless, you fall apart.

Post Malone – I Fall Apart

Pushing Through

You’ve been in Alex Library all night. You’ve been in Alex Library all day.

Forget everything you felt before. It’s two days before the exam, and you’re in panic mode. Your hypothalamus is telling your pituitary gland to tell your adrenal cortex to release more cortisol… or… at least that’s what you think? THE BIO EXAM IS IN TWO DAYS. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BY NOW. YOU’RE A SURVIVOR. YOU NOT GON’ GIVE UP.

Destiny's Child – Survivor

Ariana Grande (ft. Nicki Minaj) – Side to Side

Meltdown #2

It’s the night before the exam, and you practically know nothing. I hope you’re somewhere praying because not even your Quizlet study guides can help you anymore.

Kesha – Praying

The Delusion

The exam is in 12 hours, and you should probably be in bed by now, but what’s a couple of more hours? Coffee no longer affects you, and you’re pretty much laughing at how your life is comparable to the dog on fire meme: It’s fine.

Image may contain: Graffiti, Modern Art, Drawing, Art

Same, doggo. Same.

Earth Wind and Fire – September

Post Exam

Okay. You’ve just taken your exam, and you (hopefully) never have to look at your notes ever again. The outcome could have gone one of two ways.

I’ll start with the scenario that you somehow did really well and didn’t think it was that bad despite the amount of tears shed and thoughts of dropping out of school.

Magic – B.O.B (Rivers Cuomo)

Rihanna – Bitch Better Have My Money

You’re ahead of the curve, your GPA is (relatively) intact, and there’s still hope for graduate school (if that’s your plan), so you can can still buy that house with the spiral staircase you’ve been inspired to have ever since you started watching House Hunters on HGTV. You definitely got the magic in you.

Now for the alternative.

Let You Down – NF

So maybe you didn’t do as well as you wanted. It’s okay! Sometimes we have rough days, weeks, months — even semesters. It may be a let down, but don’t let it define you.

Regardless of how you finish, you’re one step closer to being done. Congratulations!

Rutgers University final exams finals finals season music spotify