So Rutgers broke another weird Guinness World Record

But not the one that was advertised for…

Rutgers is no stranger to breaking weird Guinness World Records (read: the time we won a record in 2008 for The Most People To Wear Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costumes Simultaneously) but the circumstances of the most recent Rutgers record were, well…weird.

Basically, we got rick-rolled. Over 750 Rutgers students were met with confusion as they entered into High Solutions Stadium on Thursday, as what was advertised to be an attempt to break the record for simultaneously performing 60 seconds of jumping jacks turned into an attempt to break the world record for "The Most People Performing a Bodybuilding Pose Simultaneously."

Still a cool shirt, though.

Still a cool shirt, though.

Rutgers Rec had t-shirts printed and advertised on Facebook for the jumping jack event, but officials of the event told everyone there weren't enough people to break the jumping jack record. Instead, they brought in a representative from the bodybuilding category of Guinness, and this person then suggested doing bodybuilding poses instead.

Rutgers Students had to spread out across the field and hold three different poses for ten seconds each. The poses were the front double bicep pose, rear lat spread, and side chest pose.

The news of this world record comes after Rutgers fell short of getting into the book last year for the most people holding a planking pose simultaneously.

Completely bizarre but a record is a record, right?

@juanandonly0427

Rutgers University college fitness guinness rutgers students world record