Rutgers is putting a jacuzzi in the student section for the first football game of the season

Summer never ends

The rowdiest section of High Point Solutions Stadium is getting an upgrade.

The whole stadium stadium is getting a Jersey Shore themed upgrade for the season opener against Washington on Friday, September 1. Rutgers will install a temporary hot tub/pool at the top of the student section, and students will be able to win the opportunity to take a dip and cool off while watching the game.

There will also be the possibility of receiving Rutgers apparel from giveaways, no doubt an incentive to attract Rutgers students who would otherwise be partying before the start of fall semester classes.

But don’t worry, students aren’t the only ones getting upgrades. There will be boats installed in the north end zone that will give fans the opportunity to view the game from field level.

Arguably the best part of the Jersey Shore theme, the concession stand will also feature Jersey shore oriented foods.

Not only is the stadium itself undergoing a few change in celebration of this game, but Scarlet Knight Way will also offer a few fun changes. For this game, there will be Jersey-themed food trucks, and carnival games available. The Block R Party held before every football game will also be decorated to include the shore theme.

These temporary changes are a part of Rutgers’ “War Before the Shore” promotion, and this game will be the first non-Saturday football game since the 2014 season opener.

There’s no better way to start off Labor Day weekend than a football game. Better yet, you’ll feel as if summer hasn’t ended thanks to HPSS (High Point Solutions Stadium) and its shore theme!

Rutgers University