If the football team gets Migos, then the rest of us should get rappers too

Pls Rutgers gods bring us Drake

Rutgers has had some respectable artists come by and give us an exclusive concert for their students. One of the biggest concerts every year is usually the hip hop concerts.

RUPA has managed to get rappers like Logic, Chance the Rapper, Vic Mensa, and even a young J. Cole and Big Sean. During the Rutgersfest days artists like a young Kanye West, Pitbull, and N.E.R.D. came by.

But recently it was reported that RU Football team got a private concert by none other than hip-hop trio Migos, and there are a lot of questions people are asking.

Apparently the money for that came from "private donors", but a lot of RU students are doubting that claim.

Rutgers' money priorities is an article for another day, but another question being asked is wouldn't it have been better if they performed for the whole school?

If Migos performed for Rutgers, the whole school would be partying with them, and rapping along to "Bad and Boujee". So here are rappers that should make an appearance here.

Remember anything is possible if Rutgers managed to get Obama.

Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar may admittedly be too big or busy to come here, but Rutgers would undeniably turn upside down if he came by. His music talks of race, politics, self identity, and life which would be perfect for this school. Though Rutgers would have to find a bigger venue for him, because the College Ave gym won't do him justice. His latest album DAMN has been highly successful, and hits like" Humble", "DNA" and "Loyalty" would excite students.

Joey Bada$$

Joey Bada$$ may not be as big of a name as Kendrick, but he is a rapper on the rise. His latest album All Amerikkkan Bada$$ also explored political and racial themes. His hit single "Devastated" has become popular, and his up and coming status would be in line with past rappers like Chance and Logic.

Drake

Mojito on the field…

A post shared by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on Jul 31, 2017 at 8:57pm PDT

Drake also may be too big or busy to come, but imagine if he did? Drake is one of the biggest artists today, and he would most definitely put on a great show for this school. His smooth blend of R&B and hip-hop has always been a winning combination. He has so many hits to choose from that would get everyone excited. From "One Dance", "Passionfruit","Take Care", and "Forever", his concert could go on for a long time.

Migos (for the rest of us)

Migos should most definitely perform at this school. They would turn this school into a giant party. Their latest album Culture was very successful, and their hits like "Bad and Boujee", "T-Shirt", "Versace" and "What the Price" would turn everybody up.

Future

Executive Decisions. ?

A post shared by Future Hendrix (@future) on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:21pm PDT

Future like Migos would also turn Rutgers into a giant party. Over the last couple years, Future has been wildly successful. In 2017 alone he had two number one albums in two consecutive weeks. Imagine the reaction of the students when he performs something like "Mask Off" with the iconic flute beat in the background.

Rae Sremmurd

Rae Srremurd's hit "Black Beatles" is enough reason alone for them come here. But they also have rose in popularity through the past couple of years, through their loud party anthems like "No Flex Zone", "No Type", "Unlock the Swag", that would get the crowd going. Imagine all of Rutgers doing the mannequin challenge when "Black Beatles" comes on?

A Tribe Called Quest

A Tribe Called Quest may be something for the older generation, but would undoubtedly be an interesting change of pace for Rutgers. The 90's is considered the golden era of hip-hop, so a group from that era would definitely bring in a student crowd that appreciates traditional hip-hop. They have all lot of classic hits, along with their newest album We Got It From Here, Thank You 4 Your Service, they would bring in a more traditional hip hop vibe that would be welcome.

Logic

Logic should most definitely return because his show last year was very energetic. His latest album Everybody was very successful which had a very important message of race and self identity. His hit 1-800-273-8255, which is the national suicide hotline, would go over well with the Rutgers crowd. Plus he was on Rick and Morty.

Here are some quick honorable mentions.

Lil Uzi Vert who also would make Rutgers into large party. His latest hit "XO Tour Life" would make everyone go crazy.

Young Thug and his unique style of hip-hop would be welcome to this school with his music having a passionate fanbase.

A$AP Rocky and his loud hip-hop anthems would undeniably draw in a huge turnout. He would most likely bring his A$AP Mob, which would make things even more exciting.

Tyler the Creator and his crazy style would be perfect for Rutgers. His latest album "Flower Boy" is a perfect balance of experimentation and hip-hop

J. Cole should also return given how big he's become since he's last been to Rutgers. The songs from his albums 2014 Forest Hills Drive and 4 Your Eyez Only have resonated with a lot of people.

Rutgers should definitely consider all of these rappers mentioned, as they are the ones the school's crowd would like the most.

Rutgers University