Two men were arrested for transporting $500,000 worth of high-grade marijuana to Rutgers

The men conspired to transport over 80 pounds of high-grade marijuana from South Whitehall Township to New Brunswick

Early Monday afternoon, 32-year-old Jason Ho, of New York City, and 23-year-old Nirup Reddy, of Flemington, were sentenced for their involvement in the conspiracy to transport over 80 pounds of high-grade marijuana to Rutgers.

Uncooperative with police and prosecutorial intervention, Ho was sentenced to nine to 23 months in Lehigh County Jail with an additional three years of probation for his possession with intent to deliver illegal substances as well as for his conspiracy charges.

Jason Ho (left) and Nirup Reddy (right)

Cooperating with the entire investigation, 23-year-old Nirup Reddy was sentenced to five years of probation for the same charges.

In a statement to nj.com, Deputy District Attorney Kevin McCloskey stated that “These two weren’t the top” of the drug-dealing organization. However, when questioned by the press to release the identity of the other individuals involved, McCloskey denied to name the third-party individual who was mentioned in court.

As stated throughout the procession, Ho was much more involved with the unindicted co-conspirator, whereas Reddy was only paid $1,000 to drive a rented truck on the day they were caught.

In his statements to the court, Reddy said he previously met with individuals who were involved in the deal through Rutgers University, though he is not a student there. Reddy’s attorney then explained that the plans were for the marijuana to be distributed at the university.

Upon being arrested, the pair had 83.5 pounds of marijuana in their possession with an estimated street value of $500,000. With respect to the investigation, Ho has been free on 10 percent of $250,000 bail, while Reddy has been free on $1 million bail.

Rutgers University