Meet Sam Afflu, the RU senior who delivered dildos across campus for Valentine’s Day

Love was in the air

Meet Sam Afflu, your not-so-average senior at Rutgers. may know him as “the man with the rose pose,” “Affluenza” and “The Meme King.” This Valentine’s Day, he took on the role of Rutgers’ Cupid and delivered dildos to your very dorm.

The Man with the Rose Pose

For the past two years on Valentine’s Day, he gave out roses to fellow Scarlet Knights and staff. But he’s shaking things up this year by bringing dildos, lubricants, and fleshlights.

The idea had come to him when he was hanging out with one of his friends, who said that she had never had a dildo before. He joked that he should get one for her for Christmas. This sparked an idea: What if he delivered dildos to people on Valentine’s Day?

“If I give you a rose, it’s nice, but it’s going to die. If I give you a high-end silicon, it’s going to last probably a longer time,” Sam reasoned. “It’s practical.”

Sam pitched his idea to Naughty Cove who agreed to sponsor him and sent him 32 dildos and other accessories. He then posted on Rutgers University Class of 2020 (Official) facebook page:

To his surprise, the post garnered enormous attention and interest.

“I didn’t think students would be receptive toward this because this was supposed to be funny, but then I got about 40-50 messages from various girls and guys.”

After all, he firmly believes that no one should be lonely on Valentine’s Day.

“College is a time to learn about yourself,” Sam said. “And to that degree, celebrate sexual liberation and sexual health. So shying away from those things would prevent dialogue about them.”

When the day finally came, Sam wore his suit and made his deliveries all around campus.

“Everyone was very happy with them lots of laughter, smiles, yelling, sex jokes, sticking it to the wall, the ceiling fan, and their foreheads. Some people messaged me last minute and they got some as well,” Sam said.

Sam also made sure to teach them how to best take care of the dildos (run the dildo under hot water before use for a “realistic feel” and do not microwave it! And use filtered water and soft soap to clean it).

“I really thought he was joking when he posted it on the page, but when he showed up to my doorstep, I got really excited. I don’t know what was better, the fact that he gave me the dildo with a rose, or that he educated me on how to properly take care of the dildo,” Daniela, one of the students who received the delivery, said. “I haven’t used them for their proper use, but I have stuck them onto the wall (they’re the suction up ones) and welcomed my roommates home!”

Now, that is a Valentine’s Day to remember.

Rutgers University