How many calories are in your favorite Rutgers drunk foods?

All the greasiest food you don’t remember buying

These days, Rutgers is the place to be on any given day of the week, whether you’re daging or heading to a frat party. After a long night of getting lit (or a short one, we don’t judge) you’re hit with the drunchies – those intense cravings you get after you’ve had a few too many, and next thing you know you’re inhaling the greasiest food items you don’t remember buying.

After asking students what their favorite drunk foods around campus were, we decided to see just how many calories are in each of them.

RU Hungry

We’ll start with this Rutgers icon that topped Buzzfeed’s list of the 43 best drunken college eats in America. With varying combinations of fried foods and a heaping of sauces, bets can probably be placed on whether or not these sandwiches are any less than 1,500 calories. And you might be right.RU Hungry’s Fat Darrell comes in at 1,718 calories.

RU Hungry’s Fat Darrell: 1,718 calories

Jimmy’s Grill

This is another eatery where anything you choose to order will be satisfying no matter what. But for a really great drunk companion, try their Death Burger. It is exactly what it sounds like – 1,424 calories of cheese, a beef patty, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, fries, an egg, bacon, hot sauce, and house-made white sauce.

Death Burger: 1,424 calories

Daniel’s Pizza

Next up we have a penne vodka pizza pie from RU staple Daniel’s Pizza. This is also exactly what it sounds like – a batch of penne vodka just the way you like it placed on top of a good old fashioned cheese pizza. This mouth watering Scarlet Knight favorite is 925 calories.

Penne vodka pizza (one slice): 925 calories

Stuff Yer Face

Stuff Yer Face, a New Brunswick mainstay, is famous for its strombolis and Fishbowls, but we all know the best thing to eat with a Horny Hawaiian are Stuff Yer Face’s iconic Potachos. While you can choose to have them with spicy beef, pulled pork, or chicken wings, the original potachos, which are smothered in cheddar cheese, bacon, tomatoes, onions, ketchup, and chives with sour cream come out to be 1,460 calories.

Potachos: 1,460 calories

Tacoria

Another fan favorite on Easton Ave., Tacoria has the best variety of addicting Mexican food you could imagine. Any of their options could be great drunk munchies, but a supreme option is no doubt their handmade Viva la Nachos. Clocking in at around 1,587 calories depending on the type of protein you pick, this pile of tortilla chips, cheese, jalapenos, black beans, sour cream, salsa and (for this example) chicken, this is impossible to finish while sober. Drunk, on the other hand, is a different story.

Viva la Nachos: 1,587 calories

Nuebies Pizza

You could order anything off Nuebies’ menu, but the Jersey original and probably most satisfying drunk food are disco fries. Basically New Jersey’s version of poutine, these are thick cut french fries covered in melted cheese and gravy – the perfect recipe for obesity. On their own, these weigh in at 592 calories all in all.

Disco fries: 592 calories

Hansel ‘n Griddle

@hanselngriddle

Another Rutgers locale that everyone knows by name, Hansel serves all day breakfast and poppin’ sandwiches. But when you’re far from sober, their exclusive crisps (similar to a quesadilla) fill you up perfectly. At 1,631 calories, the BBQ bacon chicken crisp, filled with chicken, tomatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, barbecue sauce and wrapped in a tortilla can get those cravings out of the way like it’s nothing.

BBQ bacon chicken crisp: 1,631 calories

Rutgers University