VOTE NOW: Whats the best bar at Rutgers?

Fulfill your civic duty as a college student

Graduating from sweaty, overcrowded frat parties, you’re now 21 and are ready for the big leagues: the sweaty, overcrowded bars on and near Easton Ave. From jungle juice to $2 Tuesdays, you’ve now pushed your way through all the drunk people trying to order a drink. But which bar is THE BEST bar? That, my alcoholic friends, is up to you.

Scarlet Pub

Congrats to @tonikutne for getting picked as this weeks #wcw !! She just won a bar tab for her and her friends on @i.am.justin.guzman and special guest @deejay_genesis for ladies night tomorrow!!

A photo posted by Scarlet Pub (@thescarletpub) on Dec 14, 2016 at 3:23pm PST

Every week, Scarlet Pub chooses a lucky lady as their #WCW and picks up the tab for her and her friends on Thursday. I think it’s time for an #MCM personally, but they had me at free drinks. Once you get past owner and occasional bouncer Naji and his OTT friendships with anyone and everyone, you’re in for the night. Inside, it’s home to aggressively loud EDM and a lot of frat bros from Long Island, but also to jolly rancher and BJ shots. Is one worth the other? Well, that’s up to you.

Knight Club

??RU RAH RAH ??

A photo posted by kar hernández (@xkarencitaa) on Nov 19, 2016 at 3:07pm PST

Knight Club has different specials every night including $2 Tuesdays for Rutgers students. They also offer free popcorn, so it’s literally cheap booze and a snack. If you can get over the low, bright red ceilings, you’ll discover a world of flavored shots, dart-boards and merchandise celebrating when the days when Rutgers used to score points in football games.

Olde Queens

It’s hard to explain to non-Knights what makes Queens so special. To the outside observer, it’s your standard issue frat bar. With dirt cheap beers, ear-splitting shitty music and less room to move than your average Porta Potty, some may even view it with disdain. But there’s something about going on Tuesdays, week in, week out that endears it to even the most seasoned drinkers. Your best friends are there, your classmates are there, even the fuckboy who you know better than to invite back to yours but will still ending asking home is there. In essence, it’s the perfect one stop shop for everything you need in a college bar. Even Obama gets it.

Olive Branch

Crowd is building

A photo posted by Olive Branch (@olivebranchnj) on Sep 3, 2016 at 10:59am PDT

Two words: TRIVIA NIGHT. If you don’t end up there every Tuesday night, you’re missing out. Also, for happy hour you can get 50 cent slices of pizza. The archetypal sports bar, it’s always packed on game day with people going nuts for their mixed shots and picklebacks.

Brother Jimmy’s

Swimming in a bowl of happiness tonight #brotherjimmys #swapwater #fishbowl #unionsquare #thursdaymood

A photo posted by Arden Lopez (@kidbamz) on Dec 29, 2016 at 5:13pm PST

A little further down Easton, Brother Jimmy’s offers $2 frozen margaritas and a lot of $.50 wing specials. You can also play giant connect 4 if you’re feeling like an intellectual drunk. A place for a real sit-down meal, or to mingle with people that aren’t actually students. Also conveniently located near the train station for hitting on commuter DILFs.

Stuff Yer Face

What's a Sunday without a fishbowl? ? #stuffyerface #RUrahrah

A photo posted by ᎯᎯᏋ? (@alisonelgayar) on Sep 11, 2016 at 3:17pm PDT

If the name doesn’t already give away its vibe, Stuff Yer Face is infamous for fishbowls, strombolis and potachos. Helllooooooo cheat day. With glowing recommendations from Adam Richman, the fishbowls are sickly sweet, ridiculously named and strong enough to get you turnt on the long summers days you spent on their patio. Best enjoyed during the months where New Brunswick isn’t under a foot of snow. 

Golden Rail 

Oh Rutgers, how I've missed you! ?❤️? #rutgers #homecoming #goldenrail

A photo posted by Nicole Palmar (@nikki.palms) on Sep 26, 2015 at 8:01am PDT

Realistically, you only ever find yourself at Golden Rail on a Sunday when you feel like drinking your body weight in $4 drinks and $3 beers to get on their karaoke stage. Go ahead, request Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer.”

Kelly’s Korner

Usually home to a series of older gentleman who apparently drink there throughout the day, they are surprisingly known for their breakfast sandwiches and mimosas, delightful when paired with a 7am pregame Irish carbomb. Even though their dark interior doesn’t scream brunch mimosas, they still drink just the same. It’s also a perfect place to pick up an emergency crate of beer if your party is running low.

Rutgers University