We asked students what they’ve taken from frat houses

‘My friend stole frozen chicken nuggets out of the freezer’

Frat houses are full of fun things — and I don’t just mean drunk people. Rather, the random objects drunk people find interesting. Everyone has seen those posts in the Rutgers Facebook pages threatening the thief who took their jacket or umbrella, but that’s not what I mean. While stealing from anyone is a douche move, it’s just a reality that drunk students take the occasional souvenir from frat houses — and admittedly funny sometimes. While stealing is not condoned in any way, it is still interesting to find out what kind of things do get taken. A few brave volunteers offered their stories.

Joanna, Sophomore, Journalism

“I have stolen many a thing from frat houses. I stole a Rutgers “R” car magnet off of a fridge and gave it my mom. I also stole an unopened beer can and stuffed it down my pants, and I was just casually walking on Easton with it in my pants. My roommate once stole a whole handle of vodka unopened. There’s more but I’m forgetting now.”

Joanna, Junior, History

“Once I was walking down a street with my friend after a party and it was cold, I saw a shirt on a porch of some random house so I ran up and snatched it off to wear home. Wasn’t a frat house just some random house but thank you to whoever left their shirt out there.”

Monica, Senior, Journalism

“I took a Burton ski hat, which is like really expensive. I took a bowl, a legit bowl. My friend stole frozen chicken nuggets out of the freezer and almonds. She also took a glasses case that said Ray Bans but when she opened it when she got home it just had normal sunglasses in it.”

Megan, Senior, Journalism

“My friend took a box of cereal. It was a family size box of cheerios. I was like where did you get that from? She said she just took it off a shelf.”

Chloe, Senior, Journalism

“So my roommates had a habit of stealing decorative things for our apartment. So, our refrigerator has a diverse display of stolen magnetic contraband and we also have this awesome light up snowflake.”

Shreya, Senior, Communications

Well, my friend stole one of their letters. Like the big ones that are 4 feet tall. It was in the corner of the house during a party and he just walked out with it.”

Christina, Senior, Journalism

“Me and my roommates used to steal toilet paper from frat parties whenever we were running low — the struggle was real.”

It’s truly hard to say who the real winner is here, but maybe that’s because there isn’t one. They’ve all won. Except for the frat bros maybe, sorry. We hope you don’t miss your Christmas ornaments too much.

Rutgers University