19-year-old woman suffers from fractured skull after getting hit by man at Rutgers

There was an alert sent out over Halloween weekend about this assault

Emily Rand, a Middlesex County College student, is now suffering a fractured skull after getting punched in the head at Rutgers over Halloween weekend, and her family is asking to help identify the man who is responsible for attacking her.

There was a video circulating on Facebook of her punching a man, then getting knocked unconscious to the ground by this man. The video was taken down as evidence for investigation.

Rand is in critical condition at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. She has undergone surgery but continues to not respond to treatment.

According to the circulating post on Facebook, Rand was injured Friday night going into Saturday. There was a Rutgers alert sent on October 30th occurring around 1 a.m. in the area of Robinson Street and Hamilton Street, which is similar to this attack.

The crime alert said, “In this incident the victim, who is not affiliated with the University, was struck in the face during a physical altercation and fell to the ground resulting in a transport to a local hospital. Several of the involved parties fled the area prior to police arrival and the description of the perpetrator is limited at this time.”

According to Rand’s aunt, Debbie O’Connor, “She is a perky, fun-loving girl and is always there for all who need her.”

If anyone has any information about this attack, or knows anyone who was around the area during this attack, please contact The New Brunswick Police Department’s detective bureau at 732-745-5217.

Rutgers University