Dharun Ravi pleads guilty to invasion of privacy charge

The former Rutgers student will be spending no additional time in jail

Today, Dharun Ravi’s 6-year-long case finally came to a close as he pleaded guilty to the invasion of privacy charge — his bias intimidation charge already overturned last month.

Ravi’s case reaches back to 2010, when he used a webcam to record his roommate, Tyler Clementi, having a romantic engagement with another man in their Rutgers dorm room — Clementi’s suicide following a few days later.

The former Rutgers student will be spending no additional time in jail.

As of May 2015, Ravi has completed his 30 days in prison, three years of probation and 300 hours of community service.

According to NJ.com, Judge Joseph Paone did not set further sentences, saying Ravi had been living a “law-abiding life” for much of the time since.

Even Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew Carey agreed that the plea agreement was reasonable in resolving the case.

Meanwhile, the Clementi family remains intent on spreading the message about the importance of not being a bystander in cyber bullying.

Ravi’s attorney, Steven Altman, has stated on multiple occasions that Ravi only wants to disappear and the opportunity has finally become a reality.

Ravi admits he is “relieved” and is currently working in IT in New York City.

Rutgers University