Student injured after fall from new College Avenue apartments

The student was injured after climbing the new Starbucks

Around 2 am on September 9, a community service officer found an injured Rutgers student on the ground in the location of The Yard. According to University Spokesperson E.J. Miranda, the student was injured after climbing the unfinished Starbucks building that is attached to the brand new College Avenue Apartments across from Scott Hall.

The student had scaled the Starbucks building and ultimately fell to the pavement below. The student was later transported to a local hospital with mild, non-life threatening injuries.

CSO officers were informed of the full details of the situation in an email and were advised to be observant of similar incidents in the future and to contact RUPD when the situations demanded of it. According to the email, the new building complex, which features retail stores, restaurants, and a jumbo screen in addition to the apartments themselves, and was part of a $92 million expansion project for Rutgers, could “easily allow, and may invite individuals to climb on top of it.”

It is currently unknown what motivated the unnamed student to climb the building, or if they were potentially under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Rutgers University