Enterprising Rutgers seniors are selling their extra commencement tickets

Sucks for you if you’ve got a big family

With the upcoming commencement featuring Barack Obama, many students and their families are ecstatic to not only for graduation, but to hear Obama’s speech on May 15. Each graduating student is allowed three guest tickets, which in many peoples’ opinions are not enough.

Students hoping to profit this have begun selling their extra commencement seats on the Rutgers Class of 2016 Facebook group and Craigslist, for up to $250 a ticket (or $300 for three).

Rutgers needs all students who are getting tickets to let them know of the three guests by 11:59 today. All the tickets will have barcodes and all guests must provide a photo ID to enter High Points Stadium.

The stadium has a seating capacity of 52,000 for sporting events, but Rutgers closes thousands of seats behind the stage as tradition. Rutgers projects that they will meet total capacity, including more than 12,000 chairs on the field for graduates.

Rutgers has invited Newark and Camden students graduating in the spring to sit for commencement.

Rutgers University