A love letter to Tacoria

Please lather me in golden avocados

Dear Tacoria,

It’s been nearly 24 hours since we last saw each other, and yet your guac still fills my palate and my heart with flavor filled wonder. Although your menu is tiny, you have almost too many combinations to choose from. Am I even worthy of your spice marinated grilled steak? Your approachable cashiers are more than I can take, with their friendly and accommodating demeanors. Each time, they make sure to ask if I would like guac with my order, knowing full well that no one doesn’t want guac with their orders.

The first time we met, I ordered your hand-crafted tacos with the perfect ratio of tortilla to ingredients in each one. I barely even made a mess. With your slightly spicy pollo asado combined with guacamole on each taco as requested, it was love at first bite. I hope you notice that I switched it up recently by ordering two tacos with golden avocados and the third one with citrus kissed grilled chicken. Please don’t get me started on your golden avocados, greeting me with crunch and grease, but melting in my mouth soon after. I want you to know that your tacos are the perfect size for my annoyingly small hands.

Oh Tacoria how I yearn for your burritos-disguised-as-quesadillas (you’re literally just making flattened burritos with all the shit you fill your quesadillas with). With the essence of a panini and the flavor of a burrito, your quesadillas are truly revolutionizing the way quesadillas are created and consumed. I don’t know how you make them, but I almost want that to remain a beautiful, cheesy mystery.

But let’s talk about your secret weapon that places you far above any other Mexican restaurant (ahem Chipotle) in New Funswick: The Torta. With the convenience of a sandwich and the zesty, mouthwatering flavor of a burrito, The Torta would render Gordon Ramsay speechless (because he would be face first into a Torta). You slay me with your simplicity and chipotle aioli. You put my mind at ease knowing you won’t fall apart the minute I put you down. Please don’t ever change.

Photo by Tacoria

P.S. Your Instagram is lit.

Rutgers University