Why the class of 2020 said ‘yes’ to Rutgers

Welcome lil babies

As we’re all dying from the stress of exams and spending hours constructing our schedules hoping we meet all our requirements for our majors to graduate on time, the Class of 2020 are getting to know each other by trying to find roommates with similar ideologies, students to join in special programs or groups they want to be a part of, or just new friends so they don’t feel alone coming into Rutgers.

Edward Schell, 18, Computer Science, Basking Ridge NJ

“I came to Rutgers because I’ve always loved the school. I’ve attended the football games since I was young and I feel that I see this school in a different light then some other people. Rutgers is a school with an extremely rich history that is often overshadowed by some of today’s negative New Jersey media. I see Rutgers as an amazing school that offers all the resources I could ever need. I cannot wait to become a knight and I truly do bleed scarlet.”

Emily Rose Van Benthuysen, 17, Secondary Education, East Brunswick, NJ

“I chose Rutgers because of how diverse the student population is. There’s also such a wide variety of clubs and extracurricular activities and I’m so excited to get involved next year.”

Sneha Suri, 18, Business Analytics Info Tech & Marketing, Sussex NJ

“Coming from a small town in NJ, I loved the big school spirit! There is something for everyone and so I was sure that no matter where my college journey takes me, I’ll always have the resources to be smiling. Everyone was so friendly and every visit I made had me feeling more and more excited for the next four years.”

Kathy Chen, 18, Supply Chain Management, Hillsborough NJ

“I chose to come to Rutgers because of the endless opportunities Rutgers offers. The Greek life is fantastic, it’s close to two amazing cities, there’s great food everywhere and the amount of spirit in such a big student body is astounding and so hard to find.”

Kylee Shivok, 18, Psychology & Musical Theater, Bethlehem PA

“I chose to come to Rutgers because of the countless opportunities that would be available to me. The atmosphere that RU provides is incredibly welcoming. I love that there are five different campuses. There will always be something new to discover.”

Sierra, 18, Genetics on Pre-Med track, Framingham Massachusetts

“I chose Rutgers because the research opportunities are countless and designed for each major to get lab time concerning their desired subject of interest. Also the campus and population is diverse enough for me to be able to make new friends whereever I go.”

Rutgers University