BREAKING: Graduating students will be provided three guest tickets for commencement

The tickets will be barcoded and non-transferrable

As many of us speculated, this year’s graduation ceremony will be nothing like previous years. News of President Obama’s attendance at commencement has led the University to make arrangements including keeping the ceremony open only to graduating students.

In an email sent out earlier, the interim secretary of the University said graduating students will be provided three guest tickets and one parking pass. 

after a long campaign, President barack obama confirmed his attendance

In the email she said :”Because of the unprecedented number of requests for seating we have received over the course of this registration period, we will be utilizing a ticketing system, which is a change from past years.  We will be providing each graduating student with one ticket for the graduate plus three guest tickets and one parking pass. 

“The tickets will be barcoded and will not be transferrable.  Ticket holders will be required to have photo identification, and all guests must have a ticket regardless of age.  While the limit to three guests at the stadium is a change from past practice, it ensures that every graduating student from Rutgers University–New Brunswick and from Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences is accommodated. 

“You have already registered for your parking pass, and will be notified when the ticket registration system is open.”

In an update released through the Rutgers Facebook page, the University will also be inviting graduating students from the Camden and Newark campuses and will be providing a special NJ Transit train to transport students to the ceremony.

The University added that they will be providing students with further information regarding the event the week of May ninth.  

Rutgers University