Why Miami is the best place to spend Spring Break

‘I thought it was a waste of a college experience – I was wrong’

Growing up I always heard Miami was an awesome place to party, but I thought it was overrated. When people used to come back from spring break who had went there it annoyed me to even hear them mention it. I would think to myself why would you want to take a trip as a college student from the U.S. to a state that you can travel to anytime. I thought it was a waste of a college experience, I WAS WRONG.

Three weeks before spring break I canceled my Punta Cana trip and ended up booking with friends who were traveling to Miami. I ended up having the greatest time of my life. So if there are any skeptics reading this, like the old me, prepare to be mind blown. Here are some reasons why you should go to Miami Beach for spring break.

The beaches are clean, the water is beautiful, and you can drink there all day with some pretty awesome people.

Miami attracts some of the best performers, and if you’re lucky you’ll go down during music week.

I was lucky enough to see people like Steve Aoki, DVBBS, and Calvin Harris.

Two Words … Giant Pizza

There are so many different drinks that you can try because Miami simply has it all

You’ll find people who like to party as much as you do

You’ll realize that adult pool parties are a real thing

You don’t always have to hit up clubs 24/7 because the local bars are just as fun

You might run into British people …and who doesn’t love accents

The scenery is great

Among the large crowds you’ll still find Rutgers students to rep the flag with you

As long as you’re with your friends & having a good time, you’ll have no care in the world

Rutgers University national-us