I tried Chipotle for the first time

Major Key: ALWAYS get a bowl with a tortilla on the side

Yes, I know it’s shocking and extremely difficult to understand, but it’s true – I have never tried Chipotle before (until now).

For someone who loves all kinds of  Mexican food, even I was a bit surprised that I had never tried everyone’s fast food obsession. But this week I finally found myself at none other than 387 George Street (aka Chipotle).

Of course going in I didn’t really know what to expect, but I had hoped that it’d be as amazing as everyone had made it out to be. So thus, I embarked on this Mexican adventure completely blind.

Walking in I was immediately upfronted with the first challenge, deciding what I was going to order. Again not knowing much about what option was the best, I decided to order a Burrito Bowl because I was told it gives you the most bang for your buck – and I am a college student after all. So that’s exactly what I did.

I filled my glorious bowl with double chicken, white rice, corn salsa, red chili salsa, sour cream, and cheese; with guac and a tortilla on the side – and it was pretty life-changing. After taking my first bite, I seriously began to question why I had never had Chipotle before, and if I was somehow missing out on another one of life’s amazing treasures.

Now I knew that I wouldn’t be able to finish all of this in one sitting, so this is where the tortilla came in to play. Not only did I enjoy a huge burrito bowl, but I was also able to make myself another amazing burrito afterwards.

I know you all must be thinking, Chipotle leftovers? Wtf are those? But hey, I got two awesome meals out of my first trip to Chipotle. And damn were they good.

So overall, my tip to anyone who’s never ordered at Chipotle before (probably no one) is to ALWAYS get a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the side. Believe me, you’ll thank me later.

Rutgers University national-us