Rutgers student stabbed in back on College Avenue last night

He recovered in hospital after a fight broke out

A Rutgers student was stabbed in the back in the early hours of this morning after a “physical altercation” involving a man with a top-knot.

Our reporter happened to be on the scene at the hospital after a senior was run over on Easton Avenue – the stabbing victim was in a stable condition after a fight broke out at 18 College Avenue.

New Brunswick Police have described one of the perpetrators as a white man with a beard and a man-bun.

College authorities issued a crime alert earlier today which said: “The New Brunswick Police Department is investigating an aggravated assault which was reported to have occurred on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at approximately 1:52 AM behind 18 College Avenue, New Brunswick.

“In this incident the victim, who is affiliated with Rutgers University, reported that he and his friends engaged in a physical altercation with another group who were also in the area.

“During the encounter, the victim was assaulted with a sharp object and received a non-life threatening injury which required treatment at a local hospital.

“One of the perpetators was described as a white male, 24-26 years of age, with a beard and a ponytail pulled back into a bun, and wearing a ‘varsity’ style jacket.”

Police are appealing for witnesses on (732) 745-5200.

Rutgers University