All of the scariest things to do at RIT this Halloween

A visit to Rolling Hills Asylum anyone?

Need something to do this Halloween weekend? Want to never sleep again? This guide is perfect for you. Check out some of the creepiest attractions the Rochester area has to offer. It’s time to face your fears.

Castle of Horrors 

Right in the heart of Rochester, this haunted house is sure to give you nightmares. The Castle of Horrors at the Main Street Armory is “approximately 50,000 square feet of themed rooms, corridors, and a labyrinth of passageways designed to to maximize one’s fears.” Groups of 6-8 can even sign up for a “Funeral Service” where they can be chauffeured to and from the venue.

When: Weekends, 7 p.m.- 12 a.m.

Where: 900 E Main St, Rochester, NY 14605

Cost: $20

Zombie Paintball

Finally! This is your chance to hunt real zombies (with something a bit more intense than a nerf gun). Glacier Ridge Dead Zone offers you the chance to shoot zombies while riding on “zombie elimination vehicles.” Live out your The Walking Dead fantasies!

When: Weekends, 7 p.m.- 11:30 p.m.

Where: 4618 W Ridge Rd, Spencerport, NY 14559

Cost: $25

Rolling Hills Asylum

Yes, this is your worst nightmare. A real abandoned asylum, fit for American Horror Story level terror.  The asylum has a long history dating back to 1827. What started out as a house for the poor turned into an asylum for the criminally insane. Rolling Hills Asylum offers a variety of guided tours and ghost hunts. The real ghost sightings and paranormal activity are sure to keep you up at night.

When: Hours vary depending on the event. Buy tickets and check calendar here.

Where: 1101 Bethany Center Rd, East Bethany, NY 14054

Cost: $25-$65

Unholy Orchard

unholyorchard.com

Take a ride into this terrifying, haunted apple orchard. The premise of the ride consists of a demonic cult embedding the farmland and murdering surrounding neighbors. The 30 minute long wagon ride explores 160 acres of the orchard while “psychopathic cultists, deranged hunters, and giant monolithic gods are there to greet you every step of the way.”

When: Weekends, 7:15 p.m.- 11 p.m.

Where: 1640 State Route 444, Victor, New York 14564

Cost: $22

Rochester Institute of Technology